Are you currently experiencing one (or more) of the following conditions?
- Stiff shoulders
- Neck and back pain
- Disc herniations
- Knee pain
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sprains and strains
If so, you should consider using class IV laser treatment to help alleviate discomfort and associated symptoms. Class IV laser treatment uses a combination of specific light wavelengths for therapy. Both red and infrared lights are used to bring about positive results such as reduced pain and inflammation. Class IV laser treatment may also help increase healing in the muscle, bone, ligament and tissue. It can be used in combination with other types of chiropractic treatment in order to enhance speed and success of desirable results.
Class IV laser treatment works by a process called photobiostimulation. This basically means that light photons are absorbed into biological tissues. The results of this treatment are: enhancing oxygenation in tissue, increased ATP production of cells and vasodilation of vessels. Laser treatments vary drastically in terms of emitted light power. Class IV laser treatment classifies an emitted power of any amount exceeding 0.5 watts (500 milliwatts).
What are the benefits of Class IV laser treatment?
Class IV laser treatment is the most powerful of all forms of laser treatment. The reason that class IV laser treatment is a popular and recommended option is because of its numerous benefits. Class IV laser treatment benefits may include:
- Reduced pain – Many of our patients report significant decrease in pain levels after treatment.
- Quicker recovery – The lasers penetrate tissue by using light photons. Laser lights may increase cell energy, allowing the cell to soak up nutrients and discard waste products at a much faster pace. Class IV laser light treatments may assist in the repair of ligaments, muscle and tendon cells.
- Greater Penetration – Light photons may be able to reach deeper levels within the tissue due to increased laser light power. It is ideal for pain that is set deep within the body’s muscles, tendons and ligaments. Class IV laser treatment may go deeper into tissue than any other type of laser treatment.
- Less scarring – A common consequence of surgery is scarring. Using laser light as a first option may help reduce the likelihood of requiring surgery. It may also reduce scar tissue formation.
- Anti-inflammatory – Laser treatments may increase blood circulation via vasodilation.
Most patients agree that class IV laser treatment is easy to endure and often times pleasant. The sensation of the treatment is comparable to warm cloth application. Contact Pinnacle Chiropractic and Spinal Rehab Center in Highlands Ranch, CO for more information on our services or to book an appointment today.