Dear Foot Pain Sufferer,
If you are reading this you have probably been having trouble with foot pain that seems to have come out of nowhere. It is really bad in the morning or after having stood around for a long time. This is likely something call plantar fasciitis.
Normally I reserve this section of my website for lots of scientific information about conditions that I treat in my office, but I wanted to handle this one differently. This one is personal. Plantar Fasciitis can be really painful and debilitating. Take it from me – I had a nasty case myself years ago and I know how frustrating this one can be. In addition to personal experience, I see tons of patients who suffer needlessly with foot and heel pain with no end in sight.
You already know that your feet hurt. You already know that it’s frustrating and doesn’t respond very well to home remedies. You have already been on all the medical websites and gotten the whole rundown on symptoms and causes and what to do at home. So I’m NOT going to bore you with all of that information again. This section is all about how to finally get rid of the PAIN!
Over the years I have come up with a very effective protocol for plantar fasciitis and foot pain. It took a lot of time and research of different methods that are effective in eliminating the pain AND eliminating the cause.
It’s one thing to get rid of pain temporarily, but it’s a completely different thing to get rid of the actual problem that causes the pain.
You may not have even thought of seeing a chiropractor for your foot pain because…well…it’s not back pain- right? And truthfully, most chiropractors don’t treat plantar fasciiti but chiropractors are trained to address the root of problems instead of just covering up the symptoms. What you may not have known is that some chiropractors are trained in treating other joints than just the spine. And you just found one.
Let me get to the real reason you are still reading this. What is the solution to chronic foot and plantar fasciitis pain? Here is a rundown of my multi-faceted approach to treating the cause of this chronic condition:
- Manipulation of the bones in the feet– Yes, you can adjust these bones just like spinal bones. There are lots of little bones in your feet and many times from old injuries or just overuse.
- Class 4 laser treatment– This type of laser is nothing like you have seen. It is a state of the art treatment that uses certain wavelengths of light to penetrate deep into the tissues of the foot and assist in the healing process by decreasing pain and increasing blood flow. This is accomplished by a process called photobiostimulation. Class 4 laser treatments are easy and painless.
- Exercise and stretching– just like any other chronic soft tissue problem the injured tissues need to be rehabilitated in order to get a good long term effect.
- Massage– OK don’t get too excited about this one-it’s not the type of massage you might be used to. this type of massage for plantar fasciitis is usually done at home and isn’t very comfortable. It helps by breaking up scar tissue and increases blood flow to chronically inflamed foot tissue.
- Custom built orthotics– we can get a custom casted orthotic for your shoe in order to decrease stress on the foot for people with flat feet or people with overly exaggerated arches. Not everyone with plantar fasciitis needs custom orthotics but sometimes it is absolutely necessary to ensure a good long term result.
That’s it in a nutshell. These are the main treatments that we use for any patient with plantar fasciitis. It requires a multi-faceted approach that combines high tech and low tech in-office treatment with good home care techniques. When done correctly, relief from pain can be very quick.
If you are ready to give this a try contact the office in Highlands Ranch, CO. All new patients will get a thorough examination and customized treatment plan no cookie cutter treatment here as each person’s case is very different.
I hope to see you soon!
Dr. Casselman, DC
P.S. feel free to use our current new patient special. For $37 you get your initial exam AND a free 60 minute massage at Hand and Stone.
P.P.S. you also may not even have to pay that much. we are in-network with most major insurance companies and some of these treatments may be covered under your physical therapy benefit. if you aren’t sure just call us and we can check your benefits before you come in!